Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hellos and Goodbyes

The farm looks more farmy every day, and we're saying hello to new squash seedlings, corn starts, and tomatoes each morning. The magic is beginning! Our new WWOOFers, Claire and Chris, have arrived and made themselves at home and invaluable. What an amazing thing it is to have such interesting, kind, capable people coming to stay with us and help us create the farm.

This week we also bid a fond farewell to Kaitlin, our improvisational hip hop opera-singing expert chef WWOOFer. Oh Kaitlin, we are lucky to have had you visit! Thank you for your creativity and positive energy!
I’ve seen beautiful in many places. How surprised was I by this valley; it smuggled me away for two lucky weeks. And aren’t you lucky to inhabit that corner of paradise? I think I might happily enslave myself to the dirt, it be porous enough to absorb my meditations, if my legs were not so anxious, for whatever foolish reason, to ramble more dishonest terrain. Now my knees ache from the unforgiving asphalt. Locavore Farms is a gift; I played in the dirt and I toiled too, in that soil. I left begrudgingly. At the mercy of an artlessly crafted metaphor, I do truthfully say that my personal convictions are also sowed thanks to that cozy, happy, kind little experience. May I spare you further wilted tropes by simply saying thank you to Laurie Wayne and other hospitable Bidwellians. You did bid me well and I hope my legs ramble your direction again.

No comments:

Post a Comment